The 2016 Acura MDX, America’s best-selling luxury 3-row SUV, is here at the dealership! Acura has improved the MDX for the 2016 model year with multiple new features and technologies, including a more advanced powertrain, and an expanded model range. In other words, more MDX in the MDX!
Here are some of the standout improvements and options for 2016:
- All 2016 models are equipped with an advanced new 9-speed automatic transmission (66 lbs. lighter than the 6-speed automatic in the previous generation!)
- A push-button electronic gear selector
- 25% faster gear shifts that improve acceleration
- A new Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system with a twin-clutch design (19 lbs. lighter weight than before!)
- Torque-vectoring effectiveness has been improved to help elevate responsiveness, agility, and stability.
- Available AcuraWatch—Acura’s suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies, which includes the first application of Road Departure Mitigation and Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
- Both the 2016 MDX and MDX with Technology Package models can be equipped with AcuraWatch.
- The MDX with Advance Package comes standard with AcuraWatch.
- A frameless rearview mirror
- Siri Eyes Free voice recognition
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System fill assist that sounds an audible alert when the driver inflates the tire to the correct pressure.
- Upgrades, depending on trim, that include a Multi-View Angle Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines, a bi-directional remote engine starter, idle stop and head up warning
- A total of 16 possible trims (16 trims for the 2016 model year, wink wink!)
There’s a reason this refined and sophisticated 7-passenger SUV has been a best-seller. Both customers and industry professionals alike have sung its praises:
“Everyone who has driven the MDX gave it glowing praise for everything — comfort, space, fuel economy, sportiness…” (Motortrend)
“It’s enjoyable on my way to work and at play with the seats full. It has good work/life balance as they say these days.” (Edmunds.com)
“Acura MDX continues to offer an attractive blend of content, comfort, and entertainment for the entire family – including the driver.” (The Car Connection)
— Erin (@ErinMSquared) April 2, 2015
I always wanted to buy someone a brand new vehicle and put a big red bow on top, so that’s what I did today! I love you babe! #newcar #acura #mdx #acuramdx #2016 A photo posted by Shannon Denniston (@denniston) on
If you’d like a bit more information on the MDX and all of its features, check out Acura’s online e-brochure; or better yet, consider coming down to our dealership for a test drive! Feel free to contact us via Facebook or Twitter regarding any questions you have about the 2016 Acura MDX, or call our Acura sales department: