A few 2016 Acura models have already arrived here at Tischer, such as the 2016 ILX and MDX. As new models arrive, we examine what’s new and updated within each model. One feature we think you should know about is the new AcuraWatch.
AcuraWatch is Acura’s new suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies that include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow (LSF)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) (standard on Tech Package)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
- Blind Spot Information (BSI) (Technology and Advance)
- Multi-View Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
These technologies improve Acura model safety by sensing the roadway and objects within it, including other vehicles and pedestrians, by way of sophisticated camera and radar technology that work in tandem. The result is a safer, more alert vehicle that, if necessary, can intervene to prevent the car from departing a lane, departing the road, or help to avoid or mitigate the severity of a collision. That being said, these new AcuraWatch technologies are in addition to, but not a replacement of, common sense safe driving practices.
Depending on the Acura model/trim/package a driver selects, AcuraWatch can either be equipped with your Acura model or, in some cases, may come standard with a package.
For a visual explanation of how these technologies work, check out the YouTube video below and the infographic, both provided by Acura.