Take one look at the Nissan Juke and any car novice can tell this is not your average SUV! Major inspiration from active lifestyle influences, like motorcycle and rally car designs, has purposely been infused into the look of the Juke to make it stand out in the Nissan lineup. Upon a closer examination, as we’ll share with you today, you’ll see there’s a lot to admire about this car, both inside and out. We know you’ll love the futuristic look of the new Juke!
The Nissan Juke made headlines with the release of the Juke NISMO in Spring 2013. Don’t be confused; the 2014 Nissan Juke is different from the motorsports-inspired Juke NISMO, as we blogged about previously. The 2014 Nissan Juke is rolling out starting out in November and will be bringing you a few nice features for the 2014 model year.
2014 updates include:
- Addition of two new exterior colors: Red Alert and Bordeaux Black (Metallic Bronze is no longer offered)
- Offered in S, SV, SL and JUKE NISMO models (all models available in AWD and FWD)
The 2014 Nissan Juke is available in three packages that have carried over from 2013: a special Midnight Edition, a Sport Package, and a Navigation Package. The Midnight Edition features unique 17-inch black wheels, a Sapphire Black rear roof spoiler, Sapphire Black mirror caps and privacy glass. The Sport Package includes a body-color rear spoiler, 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and stainless steel exhaust finisher. The Navigation Package includes a Nissan Navigation System with 5-inch color touch screen display and NavTraffic capability (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately), Rockford Fosgate ecoPUNCH™, USB interface (iPod® compatible), and RearView Monitor. (source)
Exterior and Under-the-hood Design
According to Nissan, “JUKE continues to build its reputation as one of the boldest designs and most spirited performers in the traditional B-segment hatchback field,” and “features highly distinctive, sporty styling inside and out, along with unexpected levels of performance.” We realize that this is a bold statement coming from the automaker, but the 2014 Juke has the goods to back up such a claim. While our explanation may get a bit technical, here’s some of the engineering features that prove this sport crossover vehicle is indeed just that—sporty.
The “guts” of the Juke—the engine, powertrain, and drivetrain—give you that sports “oomph.” The 2014 Juke has a standard 188-horsepower 1.6-liter Direct Injection Gasoline (DIGTM) turbo 4-cylinder engine and an advanced torque vectoring all-wheel drive (AWD) system – which is performance technology usually reserved for premium vehicles. Also, two transmissions are offered – Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT® (Continuously Variable Transmission) with S-Mode and a 6-speed manual transmission (SV FWD model only). Standard is vehicle-speed-sensing electric power-assisted steering and power-assisted 4-wheel disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist. (source)
That’s enough information to make any car enthusiast’s head spin! However, as a car buyer, your takeaway is this: the 2014 Juke offers the best features of a sports car, such as driving position, dynamic handling, and a powerful turbo engine, and marries those components to an SUV that will keep up with your active lifestyle.
Inside the 2014 Nissan Juke, the design element of the sports world continues. From the unique center console, inspired by a motorcycle fuel tank and finished in high-gloss paint, to the gear shift located on top of the console with a high-mounted shift lever for sporty driving, it almost feels like you truly are the racecar driver!
Something that’s particularly unique is the Integrated Control (I-CON) system three-mode drive selector – “Normal” for everyday driving; “Sport” for a more intense performance feel; and “Eco” for maximum efficiency – adjusting throttle, transmission (CVT) and steering feel. These options allow the driver to customize the driving experience. How cool is that?!
And as for interior comfort and flexibility? In addition to seating 5 adults, this versatile vehicle’s seating can be adjusted to accommodate your cargo needs, too!
Additional interior features & technology include:
- Cockpit-like seating with raised console/shifter for controllability and quick response
- Unique center console design, created to look like a sport motorcycle tank, while also supporting the driver’s knee during cornering
- High eyepoint for increased visibility
- Cloth seat fabric with available premium fabric
- 6-way manual driver’s seat, 4-way manual front passenger seat
- 60/40 fold-down 2nd row seats for increased cargo room
- Available leather-appointed seats
- Available heated front seats
- Available leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Storage under rear cargo floor (FWD models only)
- Dual front and rear beverage holder
- Speed-sensitive automatic door locks
- Standard steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Standard Interface System for iPod®
- Available USB connector for iPod® and similar devices
- AM/FM/CD audio system with six speakers
- Available Rockford Fosgate ecoPUNCH™ audio system with powered subwoofer
- Standard Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System with steering wheel controls
- Available RearView Monitor
- Available Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Start
- Available Nissan Navigation System with 5-inch color touch-screen display and NavTraffic capability (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately)
- Available SiriusXM Satellite Radio (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately)
- Available power moonroof
- Available privacy glass
- Offered in three interior color treatments: Black (with Gray console/trim), Gray (with Gray console/trim) and Black/Red (with Red console/trim)
While the 2014 Nissan Juke is trying to give riders that “thrill” on the road, Nissan has not overlooked safety concerns. After all, why would you consider a car that although thrilling, might make you feel uneasy behind the wheel? That’s why we wanted to make special mention of the following safety features:
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage, dual-threshold front airbags and seat belt and occupant classification sensors
- Standard roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags for front and rear outboard occupant head protection
- Standard seat-mounted driver and front passenger side-impact supplemental air bags
- Front-seat Active Head Restraints
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) system
- Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System
- Vehicle Security System (VSS)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
As you’ve already learned, the 2014 Nissan Juke offers drivers the option of the “Eco” drive mode for maximum fuel efficiency. Nissan has determined fuel economy is rated at 27 mpg city and 32 highway for JUKE FWD models equipped with the CVT and 25 mpg city and 31 highway for JUKE FWD 6-speed manual transmission equipped models. JUKE AWD CVT models are rated at 25 mpg city and 30 mpg highway. (source) Also of note, JUKE carries the PUREDRIVE™ designation. PUREDRIVE is used on models utilizing Nissan’s most advanced technologies to promote eco-friendly driving and lower CO2 emissions.
For those of you who covet unique design, sporty handling, and the athleticism of a compact SUV, we hope you’ll consider coming by the dealership to check out the 2014 Nissan Juke. These models are just starting to roll out to dealerships, so be sure to give us a call before you come down for a test drive or check our new car inventory on our Tischer Nissan website.
Tischer Nissan 888-544-9033