The new 2016 Acura ILX is now at Tischer Acura! The Acura ILX was first introduced with the intention of being an affordable sport sedan that serves as a gateway to the luxurious Acura lineup. For the 2016 model year, Acura continues to deliver on that promise while adding a host of improvements to the ILX, including upgraded styling, powertrain, technology, refinement and safety features. Here are some exciting new features for the 2016 Acura ILX:
1. New high-performance 2.4-liter, direct-injected i-VTEC engine with 8-speed DCT—The new ILX engine is paired to an 8-speed dual clutch transmission with torque converter and paddle-controlled sequential sport shift making this ILX transmission the most advanced transmission in its competitive set. This enables fast yet smooth shifting, outstanding response and sport handling, as well as top-class fuel efficiency with an EPA rating of 25/36/29 mpg city/highway/combined.
2. Numerous styling upgrades—The new ILX features restyled front and rear fasciae, front grille and rear LED combination lights, restyled 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, upgraded interior materials, and optional upsized wheels and tires. All ILX models are equipped with Acura’s signature Jewel Eye LED headlights. The ILX body and chassis have engineering changes that enhance collision safety performance, body rigidity, and handling performance.
3. Cabin quietness—Cabin quietness is improved in the ILX by additional noise-insulating materials, thicker front door glass, noise-attuning wheels, and the additional Active Noise Control technology.
4. Expanded trim options—The 2016 ILX offers an expanded range of trim and option packages. Customers can choose the standard ILX, the ILX with Premium package, or the ILX Tech Plus package.
5. An all-new A-SPEC package—In addition to the above-mentioned packages, ILX buyers have the additional option of choosing the all-new A-SPEC package which is available with Premium and Tech Plus packages. The A-SPEC package adds sporty side grill garnishes, a trunk spoiler, front fog lights, new 18-inch, 10-spoke machine alloy wheels, and several unique interior appearance touches such as an exclusive Premium Black interior color scheme with perforated black Lux Suede seat inserts, red instrument illumination, gray interior stitching and aluminum brake and throttle pedals.
6. Enhanced connectivity—The 2016 model year ILX features the next generation of AcuraLink, Acura’s cloud-based connected car system, as well as standard Bluetooth HandsFree Link, Pandora Internet radio interface, and SMS text messaging function. Technology Plus grades can be equipped with the Acura Navigation System with 3D view, featuring AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic with Traffic Rerouting. Additional connectivity options include:
- New blind spot information
- New cross traffic monitor
- New HD Radio and Aha
- New Siri Eyes Free
- SiriusXM Radio including the new Advanced Audio feature set (subscription required)
- New AcuraWatch
7. All models can now be equipped with AcuraWatch—AcuraWatch is the suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies, the most advanced system of its kind in the competitive set. AcuraWatch includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keeping Assist System, Lane Departure Warning, Multi-View Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines, Road Departure Mitigation, and the Collision Mitigation Braking System (including Forward Collision Warning) with sensor fusion technology that enables new capabilities including pedestrian sensing.
If you’re interested in taking the stepping stone to buying your first luxury vehicle, the 2016 Acura ILX is a fantastic model to consider. With all of its modern styling, technology, and safety features that today’s drivers have come to expect from a luxury vehicle, you can’t go wrong! For a more dynamic display of the 2016 ILX, check out this online interactive brochure. Feel free to reach out to us about the 2016 ILX on Facebook or Twitter, or come down to test drive the ILX for yourself.