No wonder Nissan calls its all-new 2013 Nissan Pathfinder “Our Most Innovative Pathfinder Ever!” With its EZ Flex Seating System™ with LATCH AND GLIDE™, and the supercool Around View® Monitor, Nissan does not disappoint!
Perhaps you’ve seen the commercials:
- a little boy brings the Pathfinder in to school for show-and-tell because there’s evidence on the vehicle of his family’s adventurous vacations,
- a father sets out to park the Pathfinder in a tight spot using the Around View® birds-eye-view system to the mother’s doubtful surprise ,
- a family sees a road closure and asks a local for directions and he says, “Follow me!” and proceeds to lead them across all manner of rough, rugged, slippery terrain and the Pathfinder just walks right through it all with the family safe inside.
With the all-new 2013 Pathfinder, Nissan returns to its roots – the Pathfinder has been a foundational vehicle in the Nissan line for more than a quarter of a century! The new Pathfinder’s combination of next-gen SUV design and smart technology brings a fresh approach to this segment of the auto market. A switch was made from body-on-frame to a unibody construction, earning the new Pathfinder the highest standard towing rating in its class (5,000 pounds!), while simultaneously offering the best-in-class passenger volume and an increase in fuel economy of over 30%!
Other state-of-the-art features to this remarkable vehicle include:
- Nissan’s Easy Fill Tire Alert – When filling the tires, the Pathfinder’s Easy Fill Tire Alert will give you a beep of the horn when you’re at the right pressure. How cool is that?
- Around View® Monitor – Using four cameras, the available AVM creates a composite image of the Pathfinder from above and displays it on the touchscreen monitor. This helps to visually confirm the vehicle’s position and allows the driver to maneuver into parking spots with ease and caution.
- Advanced Drive-Assist™ Display – This feature helps drivers keep their focus on what matters most—driving. It is a 4.2-inch color monitor sitting right in front of the driver in the gauge cluster. The customizable, easy-to-read screen displays front and rear power ratios, the trip computer, tire pressure, fuel economy, external temperature, and much more.
- Next Generation Xtronic CVT® – Pathfinder’s new CVT eliminates gears by using a precisely-machined metal drive chain instead of traditional fixed metal gears, which transfers power from the engine to the wheels far more effectively and smoothly. So whatever you ask from the engine, the CVT provides it by shifting seamlessly to give you the perfect speed, all while improving fuel economy.
- Best-in-Class Fuel Economy – Nissan dropped a bunch of weight from the frame, the drivetrain, and everywhere else! Even the climate control system weighs less now, so it’s easy to get the best fuel economy in its class!
- The EZ Flex Seating System™, an industry first, enables a second row seat to tip up which allows easy third row access with a child safety seat still installed. Speaking of the third row, it’s been upgraded and expanded for 2013. Pathfinder is the only SUV in its class to offer reclining seats back there, and they’re big enough to comfortably seat two full-sized adults. The Pathfinder seats 7 passengers, and everybody travels in style.
- and much, much more!
Kudos for the all-new 2013 Pathfinder:
“On the outside the previous Pathfinder’s hard slab sides and angles have been replaced by a new body that is curvaceous and car- like. The new exterior is also more aerodynamic than before, which also helps the Pathfinder’s impressive fuel economy gains. Nissan says that the switch to a unibody platform has shaved 500 pounds off the Pathfinder’s weight, but what’s also impressive is that the 2013 Pathfinder is larger than the outgoing model. Its length has increased by 4.6 inches, width by 4.3 inches and its wheelbase is now 2.0 inches longer. The only dimension that [is smaller] is the Pathfinder’s height, which is now three inches shorter. The larger exterior dimensions give the 2013 Pathfinder an interior that is one of the largest in its class. – thetorquereport.com
“The ride is nice, you can’t feel bumps in the road. To me it is like driving a Murano, but with the extra seats. The controls are easy to reach and everything you need on a daily drive the controls are right on the steering wheel. It has all of the nice storage compartments you think of the Highlander; however, for my pocket the standard V6 and the much lower price tag for a well- equipped vehicle is lovely. I do a lot of city driving and the gas mileage is sooo good. Between the gas mileage and the handling I truly forget I drive a 7passenger SUV” – Joanne, 2013 Pathfinder owner
We love the all-new Pathfinder, and we know you will too! Come on over and take a test drive to get an idea of how the roomy new Pathfinder can be a great investment for your family!
In the meantime, please share your questions, thoughts, and comments with us below. We would be glad to discuss these with you as soon as possible!
*image courtesy of Autoblog.com