Pure electric cars are definitely the shape of the future in the automobile industry, and Nissan doesn’t disappoint with the LEAF. We believe it can change everything for commuters and families, while helping the planet as well! Electric vehicles (EVs) have motors that gain energy from controllers, then power is regulated based on the driver’s use of the accelerator. There is absolutely no need for gasoline, oil, or even a tailpipe!
Perfect for the commuter
The Nissan LEAF is uniquely designed to operate like a standard car, but without the expense and inconvenience of having to fill with gasoline or have oil changes performed. Commuters typically spend between $5,000 and $10,000 per year on gasoline for their commutes. This cost is on top of the purchase price originally paid for their vehicle. Add in 3-4 oil changes per year and you’re paying thousands for the fuel, maintenance and upkeep necessary for a commuter car. With the LEAF, that additional expense goes away! In this economy and recovery, we feel that it’s extremely important to provide options to consumers that cut expenses – and the LEAF is a terrific alternative!
The LEAF’S rechargeable battery uses common household electricity. With a purchase price starting at about $27,500, after government incentives, the LEAF is quite affordable. Add to this fact that once you have made the initial investment in this car, there is no gas expense!
Click here to take Nissan’s brief questionnaire to determine whether the Nissan LEAF would be a good fit for you!
But what about the increased electricity expense to charge my new LEAF? That’s a great question, and one that has a very affordable answer. Electricity is much cheaper than gasoline, and many LEAF owners report a great deal of surprise and satisfaction at the efficiency of this car. Nissan estimates that the LEAF gets the equivalent of about 106 mpg city, 92 mpg highway. We think that this is amazing efficiency for such a high-quality vehicle and it keeps much more money in your wallet! Nissan concludes, “We know that you’ll love the outstanding features of this EV, which produces no tailpipe emissions, needs no oil changes and is less expensive to operate!”
Perfect for your active family
In addition to being a more cost-efficient, environmentally friendly option for active families with multiple daily trips close to home, the LEAF also was awarded a “Top Safety Pick” rating by the prestigious Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. According to Nissan’s brochure for the LEAF:
“The Nissan LEAF® has all the conveniences of a new car: five doors, room for five, and a 60/40-split fold-down rear seat that gives you 24 cubic feet of cargo volume when folded flat.”
For your family, this means leg room in the back seat, even with five people in the car! Plus the cargo space provided enables you to take your family and the gear to sports/club practices, run errands, go food shopping, and other nearby trips without having to make those inconvenient and expensive stops for gas.
The Nissan LEAF’s interior technology includes:
- a high-tech dash with digital displays provides crisp, clean readouts of everything you need to know.
- a cutting-edge telematics system, called CARWINGS®[*], keeps you connected to your car even when you aren’t in it, and connects you to charging stations when you are.
- the stylish, modern, and comfortable light grey seats are heated and partially made from recycled bottles!
- RearView Monitor[*] helps give you a clear picture of what’s behind you, on the display monitor that’s right in front of you.
- And when you just want to unwind and enjoy the ride, standard iPod and USB connectivity[*] ensures you’ll always have access to all your favorite songs.
The exterior of this car is much different than most current EVs. It is considered a mid-size hatchback – highly unusual and way ahead of the competition in EVs. Many EVs are extremely small and lightweight, so they tend not to have the pickup, nice ride and handling of the LEAF. Also, the battery is positioned so that it gives the car a low center of gravity, which makes it feel “planted” when turning. And that’s because Nissan offers technologies in the LEAF that other new cars don’t – ALL WITHOUT A DROP OF GAS! Which brings us to why the Nissan LEAF is…
Perfect for your wallet
LEAF owners have a myriad of great things to say about this car:
- “low operating cost”
- “plenty of pick up”
- “nice ride and handling”
- “feels like a luxury car, not an economy car”
- “a smooth, quiet ride”
- “outstanding cabin technology”
- “love driving past gas stations knowing that I don’t have to go there!”
- “I save about $120 per month in fuel”
- “the car can schedule charging for itself at the low night electricity rates”
- “environmentally responsible”
- “I feel much safer in this car than I would in most of the other EVs because it’s bigger”
Perfect for the planet
No tailpipe, no emissions, and no gasoline burn means that the Nissan LEAF is a car that is much better for our planet than a standard gasoline-operated car. Nissan has equipped the LEAF with many features to ensure that there is efficient battery run-down. The car even gives the driver up-to-the-minute energy usage and gives tips and suggestions on how to maximize that data. As Nissan details in its brochure, other energy-saving features:
- The Regenerative Braking System that makes it stop is capturing energy while you coast or brake, and recycling it back into the power supply. Accelerating or braking, the power meter clearly displays whether you are using power, or gaining it. To give it a road-hugging drive, the lithium-ion battery pack is situated under the floor of the passenger compartment for an even distribution of weight and low center of gravity.
- The Nissan LEAF® is designed for maximum efficiency, and that doesn’t just mean the electric motor. Its LED headlights use only about 50% of the energy of traditional headlights. The flat underbody meshes with a front spoiler and rear diffuser, to create the smoothest airflow and lowest drag possible. An optional solar rear spoiler harnesses energy from the sun, helping to power the air conditioning and the entertainment system.
Charging your new LEAF is easily done at your 240-volt home-charging dock. On the go, there are 6300+ public charging stations across the US and 1300 miles of charging stations along the West Coast of the US. The average range between charges on the LEAF is 100 miles. Of course, road, traffic and weather conditions will affect this range. As we said before, the LEAF has the technology to tell you how to make your range better on a real-time basis!
Schedule your test-drive today!
We think you will agree that the Nissan LEAF would be a great investment! We would be delighted to show you what a perfect fit the LEAF would be for you! Simply click below to schedule a test drive of the Nissan LEAF.
In the meantime, please share your questions, thoughts, and comments with us below. We would be glad to discuss these with you as soon as possible!