For the 2013 model year, Nissan completely redesigned the Altima. And boy, did the 2013 Nissan Altima make a splash! At dealerships nationwide, the 2014 Nissan Altima not only features the same exceptional innovations as seen in the 2013 Altima, but there are even a few more enhancements in the new model! Before we get into the “new business,” let’s give you a quick recap on some of the innovations seen in the 2013 version of the Altima.
The 2013 Nissan Altima introduced:
- Class-leading fuel efficiency (38 mpg/2.5-liter engine—The U.S. EPA certified the 2013 Altima as the most fuel efficient gasoline mid-size car in America at its release!)
- Zero-gravity NASA-inspired seats
- An Advanced Drive-Assist™ Display with 4-inch color screen standard on every model, which is customizable, easy-to-use and integrates key information right in front of the driver
- Available NissanConnectSM and NissanConnectSM Navigation with a suite of Bluetooth® phone connectivity features, including hands-free text message integration, Pandora® playback, real-time Google® POI search and more
- Easy-Fill Tire Alert, which sounds the car horn to notify a person filling a tire with air when the tire reaches recommended tire pressure – no gauge needed
- Available Next-generation Safety Shield Technologies, including Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Moving Object Detection (MOD) systems using an innovative single rear camera (which, by the way, cleans itself!)
- New Xtronic Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) which significantly improves fuel efficiency, acceleration from a dead stop, as well as seamless acceleration when passing or merging, the comfort of a smooth and quiet, and proper gear shifting
If you look back at the accolades the 2013 Nissan Altima earned, you’ll find no shortage of praise. Recognition includes:
- “17 Best Cars You Can Buy” from Edmunds.com
- Most Ideal Mid-Size Car in the AutoPacific® 2013 Ideal Vehicle Awards©
- Kelley Blue Book’s 2013 lists for both “10 Best New Sedans Under $25,000” and “10 Best Family Cars”
- Honored as one of the 11 vehicles selected to the AAA “Top Vehicles for Commuters” list
- Awarded the title of “Best New Model” vehicle in the $25,000-$30,000 price range by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
The 2013 Altima also was a top safety pick from the IIHS and earned a 5-star overall vehicle safety rating as part of the NHTSA New Car Assessment Program (NCAP).
Now…take all of this plus the new enhancements we’re going to tell you about and you have the 2014 Nissan Altima! It’s no wonder that the Nissan Altima is not only one of Nissan’s most innovative cars, but it’s also one of the best-selling cars for the Nissan brand.
The 2014 Nissan Altima
The 2014 Nissan Altima is offered in seven different trims—the 2.5, 2.5 S, 2.5 SV and 2.5 SL featuring a 182-horsepower 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder and the 3.5 S, 3.5 SV and 3.5 SL with a standard 270-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine. Every 2014 Altima is equipped with a standard Xtronic CVT®. (As a side note, the Nissan Altima Coupe is discontinued for the 2014 model year.) Enhancements for the 2014 Nissan Altima include:
- Technology Package replaces previous Navigation Package on 2.5 SV and 3.5 SV grades (late availability) – includes NissanConnect℠ with Navigation, NissanConnect℠ Apps smartphone integration and SiriusXM Travel Link®, plus Blind Spot Warning, Moving Object Detection and Lane Departure Warning
- New Sport Value Package with 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, remote engine start, trunk lid spoiler (2.5 S models)
- New Display Audio Package available on 2.5 S and 3.5 S (late availability) – includes 5.0-inch color display, RearView Monitor, USB port, SiriusXM Satellite Radio (standard on 3.5 S, SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately), NissanConnect℠ Apps smartphone integration for iPhone® and Android™, diversity antenna
- New accessory 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Gun Metallic exterior color replaces previous Metallic Slate; eight available colors total
- Chrome exhaust finishers added to 2.5 grade
- Improved navigation system capabilities – NissanConnect℠ Apps smartphone integration for iPhone® and Android, SiriusXM Travel Link® (fuel prices, movie times, stock updates, sports scores), SiriusXM Weather, revised button labels
- Standard driver and front passenger visor illumination and extensions on 2.5 S, 2.5 SV and 3.5 S grades (previously part of Convenience Package)
- Rear passenger air conditioning vents added to Convenience Package (from previous standard on SV grade)
The 2014 Nissan Altima continues to deliver value, the best in modern car technology and safety features (the 2014 Nissan Altima is also a top-safety pick from IIHS), comfort, versatility of trims and packages, and simply put, is a classic Nissan model that only continues to improve year after year! Most recently, it was even awarded a place on Kelley Blue Book’s “12 Best Family Cars” list. So if you’re a commuter, family-oriented, a new car buyer, an empty-nester—no matter your stage in life—the 2014 Nissan Altima is a car that can deliver the goods for your lifestyle.
If your interest in the new Nissan Altima is piqued, come by the dealership for a test drive—simply click on the button below to schedule a time at your convenience. Thanks for reading and be sure to leave your questions or comments below or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter!
*images courtesy of Nissan USA